Search This Blog

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Poems about Independence

I am a lioness locked in a cramped cage
that barely allows me to breathe.
What I want more than anything
is escape,
someone to free me from my bonds,
or better yet;
the strength to tear this tiny cage apart.
I want to walk around,
stretch my dreary legs and take
a deep, sweet breath of freedom.
I am not the only caged lion, there are others too,
some have grown accustomed to their confinement and
cannot understand my pain.
They say I am foolish.
They say I should enjoy the protective nature
of these bars.
They say my great escape would be short lived.
They say I would only return
with my tail tucked between quivering legs.
I say they are foolish.
I could not have been born in this cage
that has suppressed my ultimate potentials.
I yearn to join the free lions...
I dream of them...
I can see the happiness in their eyes
that glitter with freedom.
I listen to the stories of their great adventures
and long to join them on the next one.

And then my heart fills with sadness
and my cage feels smaller,
I can hardly breathe now
and the rain falls from my eye

Read more: http://www.inspirational-poems.net/freedom-poems#ixzz1GWxV8sQm

No comments:

Post a Comment