Search This Blog

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Little Daffodils Spring From The Grass
Red, yellow and a tinge of orange
The carpet of flowers bringing colour to my life
And I feel the summer's warmth melting my heart.

Near the oak tree the birds chirp a song
A song of blessing to those around
Little do we know, what the song means
But it touches our soul till we're tingling deep within.

I look around to admire God's creation
And wonder, how much time I took off a day
To sit in my garden and enjoy the breeze
The whispering flowers
The swishing of leaves
And the sunset that leaves swirls of blue and orange in the sky
Colouring the horizon
Colouring my garden.


The Owl Never Told Me
Rabecca Campbell

The owl never told me
of the things the whispers said
as they were carried by the wind
through the trees above my head

The squirrel never did tell me
of the things that he would see
as he watched the world from burrows
that he built up in the trees

But does that mean I never knew
the prompts of conscience in the breeze
or guessed the sights of wisdom
only tops of trees can see

I laughed all through the daylight hours
of truths I may have known
but the doubt I kept inside of me
kept them from being shown

I looked upon the wise man
and found him not so wise
as much as inspirational
and I cut him down to size

I know I am no better
in fact it makes me smile, that
those who keep their thoughts inside
are forever viewed as "child"

The sun peaks high in afternoon
then he slumps down and sighs
and flashes shadows on the ground
casts darkness to our eyes

Now awakes the owl
wise in all his years
spreads his wings upon the wind
that whispers in his ears

The squirrel returns to his burrows
high up in the trees
the branches bend and creak with time
he looks to the world and sees

The sun bows down his head in shame
his light begins to dim
the time is rainbow flavored clouds
as night time now begins

Horizon sinks and pin hole lights
of stars begin to shine
I smile a feeble smile and think
now this must be MY time

A perfect balance between worlds
between lightness and the dark
between the owl and the squirrel
for it is SUNSET IN THE PARK

The Mountains Run Along the West

Read more: http://www.inspirational-poems.net/poems-about-nature#ixzz1GX3nk800

No comments:

Post a Comment